We like to think that Info-Pro’s founding is the most riveting fact about 1997. However, plenty of other exciting things happened that year—and Info-Pro has been making history ever since.
Here is a look at 25 fun facts about the year we started and some trivia about our 25 years of supporting banks and credit unions.
- Info-Pro has had four different locations within Fond du Lac.
- Top song of 1997: "Candle in the Wind 1997" by Elton John, dedicated to the passing of Princess Diana, who died in a car accident on August 31, 1997.
- Hundreds of crock pots of soup have been served at Info-Pro’s Souper Tuesdays.
- Five Info-Pro Holiday Cookbooks have been published to date.
- Top grossing movie of 1997: Men in Black (Titanic was released on December 19, 1997, and is recognized by many as the best movie of the year).
- Info-Pro holds an annual NCAA March Madness bracket challenge. Kris Pelot was our 2022 winner!
- Tamagotchi is the top-selling toy of the 1997 Christmas season. It is labeled as "the original virtual reality pet."
- Our founder Louie Andrew is an avid reader on a variety of topics, and in 2022 we're opening "Louie's Library" at our office with over 870 books.
- Number one TV show of 1997: Seinfeld. September 25, 1997, started the ninth and final season of the show.
- We have a hire/retire wall featuring our employees: we hire the people we want to retire with us. Our average employee retention is 5.3 years.
- We have held more than 15 leadership development programs for employees.
- Our team has attended more than 200 conferences.
- January 26, 1997: The Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl XXXI, their third Super Bowl win and first since 1967, over the New England Patriots 35-21. Go Pack, go!
- We’ve searched over 50 million parcels.
- April 13, 1997: Tiger Woods wins his first major, the Masters, by 12 strokes, at the age of 21.
- Info-Pro holds an annual 5K to raise funds for local non-profits, with more than $60,000 donated to date.
- Our Community Involvement team participates in multiple initiatives every year, including food drives, brat fries, Angel Tree, food packing events, and Habitat for Humanity Build Days.
- July 4, 1997: NASA's Mars Pathfinder is the first robotic rover to land and navigate the surface of Mars.
- Employees get a personal day off annually for their birthday, and veterans get an extra paid day off for their service.
- We host in-person healthy cooking demonstrations for employees.
- August 29, 1997: Netflix is founded by Marc Randolf and Reece Hastings in California. It started as an online DVD rental service.
- We have a tuition reimbursement program that helps pay for employees to pursue a new degree—even if it's not related to Info-Pro.
- We’ve held countless employee appreciation lunches.
- September 15, 1997: google.com is registered as a domain name.
- Info-Pro's founder Louie Andrew regularly raffles off his tickets for various Brewers and Packers games throughout the year so employees can see the games from some of the best seats in the house.
It’s incredible what we have experienced over the course of 25 years. We look forward to bringing you an updated list in another 25!